The First Annual Rescue Rally of the Rockies is coming!
The event is hosted by our friends at Denver Dachshund Rescue and Transport at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds!
When: Saturday, June 14th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Where: Arapahoe County Fairgrounds
25690 E Quincy Ave, Aurora 80016
What: A free event that celebrates local rescues while raising awareness of issues surrounding canine rescue, puppy mills and general pet care.
Parkside Animal Health Center will be there volunteering our time implanting microchips, so would love to see you there!
This is a free event open to the public, and an opportunity to learn more about our local animal welfare and rescue organizations. There will be dogs from various groups available for adoption, but there are also educational displays, demonstrations, a weenie dog race, flyball demonstrations, and a dog house auction.
100% of proceeds and donations will go toward a nonprofit organization (last I heard they were dividing any donations between Wounded Warrior Project and Guide Dogs, but don’t quote me on that!!!). It should be a great day!
And if we didn’t already have you interested when we mentioned the Great Weenie Dog Race check out the other events going on:
- National Mill Dog Rescue will be present and sharing information on the great work that they do. Puppy mills are rampant in some less regulated parts of the country and are the factory farm equivalent of dog breeders. Needless to say, the dogs that come from these facilities are in rough shape and the fine people at National Mill Dog Rescue do great work! Founder Theresa Strader is a featured speaker and will talk about how her organization has saved over 9,000 dogs since starting in early 2007!
- There will be more than 20 certified dog rescues present! Thinking about adding a furry friend to your family but not sure where to start? Rescue Rally of the Rockies can get you started!
- Parkside Animal Health Center veterinarians and vet techs will be present offering microchips! If your pet doesn’t already have a microchip now is the time! And if not now then we expect to see you on June 14th! Our Parkside Animal Health Center team will be there answering basic questions too.
- Dog House Auctions of some great dog accessories. We are told there may be a special staircase that attaches to your bed and allows little dachshund dogs to climb into your comfy bed! Don’t forget! All proceeds go to a good cause and the Rescue Rally of the Rockies is not for profit.
- Special canine agility demonstrations! Our friends at Denver Dachshund Rescue won’t be covering this section but we will have some agility experts showing off the results of their hard work!
- Did we mention this event is completely free!?
We really look forward to seeing you there and enjoying some great family fun in the Denver metro area that also helps a great cause!
The Rescue Rally of the Rockies was a success! We know the Parkside veterinary team had a great and we hope that all of you did as well! We microchipped a lot of dogs and we had some great patients.
We also met a lot of great people and families who came out to support the cause!
We don’t know exactly how much money was raised at this point but we do know that we had a lot of fun promoting some great Denver and Aurora area rescues which is good enough for us!
We hope to see you at next year’s Rescue Rally of the Rockies!